Tuesday 19 March 2013

Shoot 8 - Work Record - Violin Shoot

Plans for the shoot:
My plan for the shoot involves my model, a violin and a masquerade mask. I plan to portray the deep emotions associated with the violin, which I will hope will be shown through the concept of the mask, which I am using to represent the idea of the 'Phantom of the Opera'.

What I hope to achieve:
I hope to achieve two different styles of photo with this shoot: half of the shoot I plan to look at close-ups of just the face and the violin, primarily focussing on the mask. With the rest of the shoot I plan to take away the mask and experiment with how the body and the violin work together - getting my model to hold the violin in different ways, such as behind her back, across her front etc.

What I actually achieved:
The model I planned on using for this shoot wasn't available, so I had to use someone else, who was more than happy to do the shoot for me, expect she wasn't wearing dark clothes like I would have wanted, so the actual outcome of some of the photos didn't have the dark, moody feel I wanted them to have. However, I did also have some spare studio time where I photographed just the violin and the mask together, which I feel looked really effective and reflected the ideas I had planned for"





What I am going to do next:
Next I am going to begin to plan for my exam piece. Alongside this, I have a guitar shoot I want to plan for where I will use a model in a hippie-inspired shoot. I also have a ukulele hawaiian-themed shoot I want to plan for at some stage too.

No comments:

Post a Comment