Tuesday 5 March 2013

Shoot 4 - Work Record - Guitar at Home Shoot

Plans for the shoot:
My plan for today's shoot is to use the guitar I have at home to capture different close-up components of the instrument.

What I hope to achieve:
I hope to achieve a set of photos that will reflect the detail and importance of all the different components of a particular instrument. I would also like to experiment with a photo-joiner technique on this particular subject as there is enough detail to re-construct the object in a creative way.

What I actually achieved:
I am quite happy with this shoot considering that it was completed at home where I don't necessarily have the sufficient equipment to achieve high-quality shots, whereas at college I could have used the studio to achieve better quality lighting. However, I am happy with my work now that it has all been edited as the colours and lighting can be changed to make the images look of a better quality. I am more happy with the close-up shots as the guitar fills the whole frame. Some of the others shots such as those of the whole guitar don't look as effective as I would have preferred to use a plain white backdrop rather than the carpet.

Here are a few of the edited shots from this shoot:





What I am going to do next:
I am hopefully going to complete a few last location shoots where I will re-assess my 'songwriter' work and hope to improve this. I hope to use the forest as a traditional, yet quirky backdrop to my work. I have also recently signed up to DeviantArt, as I wanted to be able to save some photos that I saw as inspirational. I have found one photo in particular that has inspired me for my forest shoot.

No comments:

Post a Comment