Tuesday 5 March 2013

Shoot 6 - Work Record - Forest/Piano Shoot


Plans for the shoot:
For this particular shoot I have been inspired by a specific image I found on the art community/website DeviantArt. In order to successfully shoot this idea I have, I need to draw out a piano to use in a similar fashion. As I want to photograph in various locations, I need to draw the piano onto paper in order for me to move it, unlike this photographer who drew the piano onto a wall using chalk. I also need to make sure that the piano I 'make' is quite big as it has to be visible in the photographs. I also need to plan the location for the shoot, and I intend on going to the forest again as I want to incorporate leaves into the composition.

What I hope to achieve:
I want to achieve some photos which reflect the instrument in a fun and quirky way, which is why I feel drawing the piano will look more effective rather than printing one off. I also hope that this becomes a 'stepping stone' on my way to achieving photos of people playing actual instruments.

What I actually achieved:
Although the outcome was quite different to what I had expected, I am still really happy with the results  as it allowed me to combine lots of different scenarios with my 'piano'. It was also an improvement on my last forest shoot as I had people with me to help with holding the piano in place for me.
Here are a few of my favourite photos from today:






What I am going to do next:
I am now happy that I have completed a lot of the location work that I initially wanted to do. I now want to start thinking about moving on to some studio work, where I would like to create my own album covers and music performances. 

No comments:

Post a Comment