Tuesday 5 March 2013

Shoot 5 - Work Record - Songwriting/Forest Shoot

Plans for the shoot:
I initially planned to have a friend come in to model for me, where I wanted to paint keyboard keys up her arm and darken the rest of the image. However, my friend was ill and as I had no alternative who was willing to do this for me, I have decided to continue my 'songwriter' ideas in the forest. For what I have in mind, I will need to print off several sheets of sheet music which I will scrunch up to represent failed pieces of music/songs.

What I hope to achieve:
I plan to achieve images that show more of the theme 'destruction' - the more angrier, painful side a songwriter experiences when they are creating a new piece. It is a very stereotypical image for people to sit under trees in the forest and write and create new songs, so this justifies my choice of location.

What I actually achieved:
Overall, I wish I had had someone with me to shoot, as a lot of my shot ideas either featured hands (holding a pen to paper, scrunching the paper etc.) or feet (trampling on the paper, kicking leaves etc.), and obviously, it was hard to use myself as I had the camera. However, I am pleased with a few of the shots as I feel that the comparison between the paper and the dirt was a really strong idea. Here are a few of my favourites:



What I am going to do next:
I want to use a similar theme to this shoot but I am going to use the idea of an inspiring image, where I create a fake instrument, and photograph it in different places within the forest. 

No comments:

Post a Comment