Friday 12 April 2013

Shoot 9 - Work Record - Ukulele Shoot


Plans for the shoot:
This shoot is also going to make up part of my Media coursework, as I need a music-related image to use on the front cover of a magazine: www.laurenbarrettmedia.wordpress.com
My plan is to shoot my model in the studio using a ukulele and hippie/boho-inspired clothing and accessories to portray the themes and ideas associated with indie or folk music.

What I hope to achieve:
I hope to achieve a set of photos with a high quality so that I can also use it for the front cover of the magazine. I want the images to be a realistic representation of the genre of music, but to also experiment with different poses and shapes that I haven't used in any of my other portraiture work.

What I actually achieved:
I am really happy with the outcome of this shoot as I feel the images are an appropriate representation of the folk or indie genre. I also feel that I have learnt a lot about experimenting with different positions and poses in the studio too and it has also led to me conducting some interesting computer experiments. Here are a few of my favourite edited images from the shoot:



What I am going to do next:
Instead on conducting another shoot, I am going to use the upcoming week to continue with any outstanding contextual work and to also prepare for my 5 hour exam starting on Friday. My initial plan is to go to a local music store and shoot a variety of different musical instruments together.

No comments:

Post a Comment