Friday 26 April 2013

Shoot 10 - Work Record - Guitar Plectrums

Plans for the shoot:
For this shoot I am going to need to go outside and find a textured surface that will contrast with the colours and texture of my guitar plectrums well. I have a collection of 10 guitar plectrums/picks, all either yellow, blue, black or clear and I am going to arrange them in various ways to experiment with patterns and colour.

What I hope to achieve:
With this shoot I hope to show what I have learnt about the formal elements since my completion of Unit 1 as I will mostly be focussing on texture, pattern, shape and colour with this shoot, linking it in with my chosen topic/theme of musical instruments and musicians.

What I actually achieved:
Although I was pleased with the outcome of some of the straight prints for this shoot, I wish I had have bought even more guitar plectrums to add to the collection to show a greater variety of colour and pattern. I feel like some of the images from this shoot, however, do represent the idea of natural music, and the hippie-genre/vibe associated with guitars, the field, grass etc.
Here are a few of my favourite shots from the shoot:






What I am going to do next:
I now only need to complete 2 more shoots before the end of my Unit 2, and I plan to shoot a) patterns created by a range of CDs and/or vinyl records, also showing colour and b) a studio shoot where I will re-create the iconic Apple/iPod adverts featuring a silhouette and a patterned or coloured background.

No comments:

Post a Comment