Tuesday 26 February 2013

Review of Practical Work

So far I have really enjoyed shooting for my Unit 2 work. Although I initially found planning shoots a challenge, I am now beginning to pick up more creative ideas through researching inspirational photographers. I personally feel that my practical work has somewhat improved since my first shoot for Unit 2, but I still have plenty of room for improvement with my upcoming shoots. I believe that so far my work with instruments has been my strongest as I feel they are quite easy to work with in the sense that they remain still and you can play about with the positioning and composition to obtain unique and creative results.

With this idea, I plan to go to a local music store at some point to photograph more instruments as I was limited to those that I used when I visited the college's music department. I think doing so will also further improve my confidence when talking to new people as I felt this when I visited the music department for a previous shoot.

I have also found that I am not particularly confident when using the studio, which is why I haven't used it for any of my shoots so far. For this reason, I do hope to complete a shoot in the studio to help me improve my skills and the quality of my shoots, but I'll mostly stick to location work as I am stronger and more confident in this field. I would also like to begin to incorporate models into my work as I haven't used any so far, but this is mostly down to the weather. Hopefully, if the weather begins to warm up (even slightly) I have planned to go out with a model to shoot for a pretend album cover using my own guitar. If not, I will have to book the studio for a time my model is free to re-create my ideas inside instead.

Other broad ideas for the future:

  • Go into more detail with the 'songwriter' shoot - people sitting around writing songs on paper, crunched paper on the floor to represent bad ideas etc.
  • Audience reaction - people at a concert, having fun etc. dancing, singing, glowsticks etc.
  • Recreating famous album covers, music videos....

No comments:

Post a Comment