Friday 15 February 2013

Shoot 2 - Work Record - College Music Department

Plans for the shoot:
For today's shoot I hope to visit the College's Music Department to see if I can either shoot some of their instruments or even some of the students practising for a performance.
What I hope to achieve:
Ideally I would prefer to shoot the students practising for a performance as this otherwise will be hard for me to take pictures of in another environment - it would mean I would have to go to a real gig/concert/performance or stage my own using the studio. If not, with the photos of the instruments I hope to achieve a set of close-up detailed pictures of various instruments from interesting and unique angles to capture different compartments of the instrument itself.
What I actually achieved:
Here are a few of my favourite shots from today's shoot:






For today's lesson, I used the time to take a camera over to the College's Music Department, where I was given access to one of the studios which contained a keyboard, drum kit and the usual amplifiers and speakers. This shoot was particularly useful for me because not only did I get the opportunity to photograph instruments I wouldn't have been able to on an everyday shoot, but it also gave me the chance to improve my confidence when speaking to other people and building contacts/relationships with people who could become really useful for future shoots. Sadly, none of the music students were practising performances, so I will use upcoming studio sessions to stage music performances with simpler instruments. I now know that I am also welcome to go back at other points during the week to try and catch proper music students practising real performances. 

What I am going to do next:
I would like to take the idea of photographing instruments to a different environment. I know their are a few local music shops in Harlow which I feel I could obtain interesting photos from as they will have a wider variety of instruments available. I also feel that seeing instruments, such as guitars, displayed properly will hopefully create interesting patterns and designs in my images.

No comments:

Post a Comment