Friday 30 November 2012

Developmental Shoot 3 Work Record - 07/12/12


Plans for the shoot –
My plans for the shoot are to go into the studio and use sweets in various ways to show emotions, and to just have fun!
I have bought a variety of sweets (and some jaffa cakes) in which I will be sticking them to someone's face and experimenting with different parts of the face, such as the lips and around the eyes. 
As well as sticking them to the face, I will beforehand get a variety of shots of the sweets on their own, arranging them in different ways such as in colour or size order. I will also be getting my model to hold the food objects in various ways. With this shoot I haven't as much planned the sort of shots I want to do - as it is quite an abstract, random shoot, I want the shots to be quite random and to have some fun with it!
What I hope to achieve –
With this shoot I hope to achieve almost two different collections - a more commercial selection of photos which would look similar to something used in a advertisement - simple, basic shots that clearly highlight what the objects are, and a more abstract selection of photos - these are the shots where I will be playing with the sweets, getting my model to hold and present them in various ways -- all whilst playing with emotions. 
What I actually achieved -

I have had such a fun time with this particular shoot as I found it quite easy as I could do whatever I wanted to, it didn't involve a lot of me having to take charge and tell my models what to do - this was only so for a set of particular shots I wanted which were quite easy to create with my model anyway. Because of technical problems, this developmental shoot took place in three different shoots as the first time I had run out of time in the studio, and the second time the camera had run out of battery; but I found that my best shots did come from my last shoot, as it gave me plenty of time to get the exact shots I needed. This shoot has also given me a lot to experiment with; I've used a lot of repetition techniques, selective colour and a lot of size manipulation. 

This is personally one of my favourite photos from my shoot - I think it looks really cute and would make a good piece for some advertisement. I also think that it fits in really well with my planned theme as 'love' is a really strong emotion.
This is probably my most favourite photo from my whole shoot as I love the different colours used in it and how bright and vivid they are. I also think that it is the picture that represents the theme 'emotions' most, as obviously, each different sweet represents a different emotion. I would have liked to have included more sweets of different colours and used a load more different emotions to expand upon the idea of the photo.
What I am going to do next - 
What I would like to do next is to either expand on my theme of emotions which has been used in this shoot, or I may be able to carry out my next developmental shoot which you can see I have already planned for in previous blog posts. 


No comments:

Post a Comment