Wednesday 21 November 2012

Developmental Shoot 2 Work Record - 21/11/2012

Plans for the shoot -

My plans for my second developmental shoot is to explore colour in more depth, and also look at different angles and views portrait work can be shot at. I am going to take my friend, Jess, into the forest where she will pose as a reindeer. This idea came from looking at different fashion photography photos on the website We Heart It:


I also plan to explore various different emotions, which I think can usually change the mood and tone of a photo. I will also be experimenting with various different photoshop effects and tutorials which I have briefly outlined in a previous blog post.

What I hope to achieve -
I hope to achieve a set of photos which similarly reflect the same style of fashion photography I have done a little research into (see above), but in a different environment which explores a wider range of richer and bolder colours and textures.

What I actually achieved -
In the end I was really happy with the photos, and even did a little editing to some of them which reflects my idea for my future development shoot based around fairies, which has given me some good practice. I really favour the close-up photos as I feel they reflect my initial theme and ideas more, and gave me more scope with the editing. I really like my photos as I think they show some really beautiful, autumnal colours, and also show a lot of different emotions. I also feel that this shoot did allow me to experiment with various different portrait shots and angles.

However, I did find that we were limited with some of the shots due to the poor weather - as we were in a forest and it was raining, a lot of the terrain was muddy and slippery which limited us to certain areas. If the weather had been dryer or warmer, I feel that some of my photos would have come out a lot differently and would have been somewhat more interesting. I also feel that it could have been interesting to include more people in the shoot to develop some of the poses we created for some of the shots. I also feel that I should have put more time into the preperation stages as we did find some issues with the costuming, as the 'antlers' at time did tend to fall out. I also feel that with the choice of location the 'antlers' didn't show as well as they could have if I had done the shoot on an open field, as the 'antlers' just blended in with the trees in some of the shots.

This is one of my favourtie photos from the shoot, after I had edited it. I really like the emotion in this photo, it almost makes the model look 'lost' or lonely, and I think combined with the added sepia colour effect over the top makes it look quite vintage and old. I also chose to  repeat the image but reflect it to make it look like there are two 'reindeer' peering around the tree.


What I am going to do next -

Depending on the availability of props, I may either chose to complete my 'fairy' shoot in the studio, where I will look at the manipulation of photos to make people look smaller or bigger than they really are. If I cannot get the props I need for this planned shoot, I may complete a simple shoot in the studio where I will 'play with food and sweets'. The ideas I am getting from this are to arrange sweets in such ways to make them look like other sweets, such as getting Skittles and drawing smiling faces on them, or making a Jaffa Cake look like a 'full moon', 'half moon' and a 'total eclipse'.


No comments:

Post a Comment