Tuesday 7 May 2013

Music For The Soul

Here is a selection of edits from my 12th shoot where I originally planned to create an iPod-style advert. I created one like this, but I felt like I couldn't develop this idea much further as it didn't properly resemble photography, which is why I have made these few edits. I found quite a range of different brushes for photoshop online which I used to edit and decorate the shapes created by the silhouettes.

With this image, I tried to create the idea that music was flowing out of my models head as she swished her hair. I think the idea may have looked better if the silhouette was darker all the way to the tips of the hair so that the colour of the brush marks looked like they matched the hair colour more appropriately.


When I shot this shoot, I tried to get my model positioned so that it looked like she were holding a musical instrument, but the silhouettes didn't resemble this well enough. The one photo I felt like I could use was this one, and I had a microphone brush which I felt fit in with the shape of my model's hand. I then used a white pencil brush to continue the line down to the bottom of the image to make it look as if my model was preparing to perform on stage. With this image I like the contrast between the darkness of the silhouette and the white microphone.


This image is simply a repetition creation using the first image, as I felt it made the model look like she were moving and dancing in a performance.


With the silhouette shoot I also shot some normal photos which, with the dark background, created a nice amount of empty space around the model. I decided to use a selection of guitar brushes I had to create a pattern around my model involving different shapes of different sizes. The white brush marks I feel look really effective and striking against the black background, however, I feel like I might try this effect again with a slightly better picture as the actual picture of my model isn't as 'nice' as it could have been. 





No comments:

Post a Comment