Friday 18 January 2013

Textured Owl

Today I braved the snow - and hurt myself, badly - in order to take some pictures of natural textures, plants and other useful objects which I envisioned would make up part of an owl. Using a Photoshop tutorial which i have posted the link for in a previous post, I manipulated all of the photos I took to create an illustrated owl character. The image below is what the owl looks like currently, but I need to step back one and focus on the colouring, shadows and special effects of each layer to make it look more 3D and realistic rather than a flat image. Once I have done that, I can then flip the half I am working on to create a full owl like the one below. I will then take the owl and create an interesting and effective background for it to feature in - so I may need to go out again next lesson to collect some more resources/pictures for the rest of the final image:

No comments:

Post a Comment